Monday, July 30, 2012

Prototype for Philosophy Themed Deck Completed

I have finished the prototype for my philosophy themed playing cards and am ready to go to press with a POD to see how they turn out in the flesh. I will keep you posted on the end result. I am thinking of kickstarting a project on these cards to have a nicer print and finish done by the USPC. Here are some previews of the finished product. I "watermarked" the sheets somewhat, so ignore the crosshatching. You should notice that I upgraded the art quality on almost all of the philosophers.

1. Tuckbox.


2. Card Sheets.


3. Card Back Design.


4. Individual Card Examples.


5. Art Progression. This shows the progression from the original art portraying the philosopher (whether a sculpture, drawing, photo, or painting) to the hand drawn sketch to the altered vectorized sketch to the finished digitally painted piece.


6. Alternate Designs. Some other possibilities for card faces that have two-way orientations.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jake! I am still been experimenting on the deck design. I have been talking with a lot of playing card designers and been getting some excellent feedback. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Martin, my name is Alex and I would LOVE to buy a deck of these cards if you have sold the idea to anyone yet! If you haven't let me know how it's going, and if you have tell me who is fabricating, and where I could get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I put these on Etsy with much improved art and tuckbox.

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/1021982345/philosophy-playing-cards?ref=shop_home_active_1

      Delete